Tabs

Friday, June 08, 2012

Mums the word

I’m a mum. I hold down a full time job. I don’t get the quality time with my son that he deserves. We struggle to get homework done; have a clean uniform for school; clean hair and then there’s me racing to after school care before it closes.
When a woman has a baby, your career takes a nose dive. At the time we don’t care, we have this beautiful new baby that loves us unconditionally… we don’t care about work.
As baby grows and we start to get our body and life back, we have to seriously re-think about what we can do to utilise our skills and our brains and still cater for a child.
With all this talk and hype and well... slight abuse about mummy blogging, it’s hard not to be offended
I myself am in a position where I need to find work, I am moving two hours from current work location and I need to still pay my mortgage and make ends meet. This blog is the start of something new.
I choose to move and give my child a better family life. I don’t choose to give up work and sit at home watching daytime TV
I think the problem is that blogging is seen as a ‘way out’… not a real job
I wish.
I can only hope things unfold for me and they start to pick up and I find work so I can avoid the two hour commute to current job.
If only one understood the constant struggle and guilt that mums face on a daily basis.
Go mummyblooging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.